Thursday, December 31, 2009

Neutropenic again

Happy New Year!

It's about 10:45 pm on new year's eve and I am typing a blog at home. Yet more evidence to add to my nanna tally.

For the past three days Dave and my dad, with a few others along the way, have been working on putting in a new kitchen in our house. Our house is in disarray as the contents of the kitchen cupboards are distributed all over the front lounge. They have been doing an excellent job and are both well and truly stuffed. So Dave was happy to take it easy at home tonight which is good because it's probably best I don't mingle with people today seeing as my white blood cells have once again crashed out at 0.1. That makes me neutropenic again which means I have very few cells able to fight any sort of infection that might come my way. I will have another blood test on Saturday to see if the white blood cells have come back up. Last time they didn't make it back until the Sunday when I was in the Lyell McEwin.

Other than being at risk of infection, I am still feeling okay. I was nervous about getting up this morning as I was, irrationally, worried that things would go pear-shaped because that's what happened last time. It was all in my head and I am glad to have made it through the day.

I haven't really done anything for the last three days - just hung around at home and looked after the girls while the guys did kitchen things. I think I'll be doing much the same for the next couple of days. I'm afraid it's all rather boring.....

1 comment:

  1. It's ok Beth, you're blog is still probably my favourite one to read at the moment, no matter how boring you may think your life is :P

    One thing that always gets me around New Years is how much can happen in a year that you just don't expect. Which is a scary thought really, cancer is not something you hope to get and there are many other challenging things life can throw at you, but it is also mega exciting. Who knows what this year has in store for you :-)

    Oh- regarding your Nanna tendencies...it's ok, come New Years, Joel and I were battling to stay up till 12 and to be honest, a night at home sounds just perfect to me and I'm only 21! :s ha ha

    ReplyDelete