Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What next?

Last night Elsie had a bad sleep and this morning she was not feeling too good. I took her to the doctor's this afternoon and he sent her down to the Lyell McEwin to check if she has pneumonia. Dave has taken her down there and I'm currently waiting to see what happens. It is a bit frustrating that this has come along now.

In addition to this, I had a blood test this morning and got a call from the clinical trials nurse to say that my white blood cell count is really low and that I should avoid all sick people (oh, you mean the toddler with possible pneumonia?). If I feel at all unwell or have a temperature 38 oC or more then I have to go straight to Emergency, do not pass go, give them a special letter and get pumped with antibiotics. So now I'm slightly on edge. Oh, do I feel unwell now? What about now? I think I'm okay, it's just freaking me out a bit.

So after I've typed this I intend to sit quite still on the couch for a while and will my bone marrow to form more white blood cells. I will also request some sovereign assistance along these lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment