Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hold tight there, liver and bones

I probably should have added this yesterday but I got a call from the clinical trials nurse to say that my liver is fine, it's just reacting to the chemo. Yeah, no surprises considering all the junk it's had to process.

Today I had my injection of pegfilgrastin to boost my white blood cell count and that could result in bone pain as the bone marrow cranks up production. Splendid. At least it will feel like something is happening.

Other than the injection and my usual (although slightly diminished) array of tablets, today was fairly normal - actually quite good. I took Maesie and Elsie to the playgroup break-up this morning and then had some people round for lunch. Dave had a bit of time to himself at home while we were out and I think it was quite beneficial.

I have been struck again today at how this might not be a walk in the park at this point in time in my life but I am in no way the only one going through tough times. And others before me and after me have and will encounter difficulties. Life just isn't easy, and I'm not sure it's meant to be. It really is through the crappy times that things are defined and prioritised and there is great richness that comes through struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment