Thursday, December 17, 2009

Lack lustre

There's not a great deal to report. I am feeling generally tired and weak. Fairly pathetic actually. I've mostly been at home taking it easy but still up and about. I'm not yet in bed or on the couch all day.

I had another blood test on Monday and the blood cell count was all good. But my potassium was low, probably as a result of getting fluids in hospital without added potassium. So I now have another tablet to take, Slow K, for a few days. Just one thing after another....

Yesterday Dave and I ventured into Melbourne Street for lunch. Dave caught up with a couple of his friends and I caught up with a couple of mine. It was nice to be out, but quite tiring.

Today is much of the same - just at home doing not a whole lot. It's quite frustrating and I fear it will be like this for the whole treatment time and maybe beyond. I think I need to work out things I can actually do, as well as get used to functioning at a lower level. It's particularly difficult with the girls though because there are always things to do with and/or for them.

It's a bit weird to think that it was Thursday last week that I had my little turn and ended up in hospital. A week goes by fairly fast. I just hope the next few months keep moving on too.

Last night I had a little sad moment. They happen occasionally, which I guess is to be expected. Well, they used to happen occasionally before all of this anyway so not a whole lot's changed - just what I'm sad about. It's much the same as previous posts - just that I've already had enough of this and I've only just started and it's hard and I don't want to have cancer anymore. It's just all a big steaming pile of poo. I'm also a bit anxious about Monday. I don't want to go through it all again. It's yucky and I don't like it. I just hope all the shitty bastard cancerous cells hate it more and die and piss off out of me. They aren't welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment