Saturday, December 19, 2009

33% is unsatisfactory

Yesterday and today have been good days. I feel very close to normal, with the exceptions of no hair, a strange taste in my mouth - as if I have licked a stamp when I haven't, and a slight speech impediment which I can't explain.

Yesterday I did a few things at home while the girls were at child care. It was nice to be home without them. After we picked them up we went on a family shopping trip for a few Christmas presents and some groceries. It was only a short trip but it was quite tiring enough. After that it was home to feed the girls and then Dave and I managed to get to Body Balance in the evening (don't worry - we did organise someone to look after the girls). It was nice to be at the gym again doing a class, even if it was a fairly relaxed one.

After that it was home, tea and bed.

Today we had an easy start before dropping the girls with my folks and going to a wedding. It was good to be out, great to be able to make it to the wedding and nice to catch up with lots of friends who were there too. It was encouraging to have a few laughs with someone else who had cancer a while ago and to share some stories with someone who's been through similar things.

It's tricky though, going out and seeing people, because it's a bit hard to know what to talk about. I'm okay talking about what I'm going through and if people want to know then that's fine, but part of me would also like to talk about something else. That gets hard though because I don't really know what I'd rather talk about because there hasn't been much else going on in my life. So I'm a bit in a pickle. To be honest though, I kind of had a similar problem before all this anyway because my introverted nature doesn't really like random chit chat about nothing much.

I am assuming that I will feel good again tomorrow. We'll head to church and after that I'm not too sure. That will make it about 7 days out of 21 that I felt okay for this round, 33%. That's not really a pass mark in my book. Maybe the next cycle will be better if I don't end up in hospital and take it easier during the middle week, we shall see.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beth ... this is very interesting reading and lovely to allow us to share your journey. Of course we send our love and prayers and hope round 2 is better for you. hugs to you.... Bx

    ReplyDelete