Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Another boring update

There's not a great deal to write today. Dave and I went back to the RAH today and I got a dose of etoposide IV. It didn't take too long and they gave me a bit of fluid too because I had been a bit sick. I got some other drugs to prevent nausea and so far have been better with that.

I also received a jab in the guts to improve part of my blood - I think it was white blood cells.

I have been feeling a little down this evening. Just that it's only just started and I've had enough already and will things ever be normal again and it's all a bit scary and blah blah blah. I rest in the Lord though and I do know that He will provide the strength required each day.

Back to the RAH one more time tomorrow and then not again till next Monday.

4 comments:

  1. Hey there, its hard to find 'the right words'. Colleen and I are thinking of you everyday. One day at a time buddy.
    JB xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, praying for you, you must be in town just now. thinking of you heaps and am very glad you have this blog. I check it often and pray lots. Please keep sharing the journey, we will laugh and cry and be beside you though not as much as the Saviour is. Lean on us and rely on him. Much love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. just think of Mum, in her calm quiet voice saying, "just take one day at a time Lovie".
    Praying for you my sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Beth, I read the last two blogs and was getting a little mad that the nurses would make you sick, and then realised it's actually a good thing they're doing :P Thank God for nurses and all these crazy drugs...

    In answer to your question (cos apparently I am the wealth of all knowledge :P)... yes, things will be normal again. BUT your faith and trust in the Lord will be so much greater if you continue to look to Him. And THAT is very cool. And exciting. And oh so comforting to know that He's there feeling everything you feel.

    ReplyDelete