Saturday, January 2, 2010

A very good day

Today was a very good day. For starters I had a good, uninterrupted sleep last night because the girls had been bundled off for a sleep over with cousins. It was lovely. I woke with an achy leg though and although it was painful, I was glad to have it because it meant my bone marrow was cranking out white blood cells and other good things.

David made fresh juice with my new Christmas juicer and I read the paper. It was very nice. After that I went for a quick blood test and once back home I spent a few hours on the last essay I have to finish for my Graduate Diploma of Divinity. It's almost done and has been for the last couple of months - I just have to knuckle down and finish it.

I received a call from the Oncology Day Centre to say that my blood tests showed my neutrophil count was 0.48 and my total white blood cell count was 0.9 so although things are still a bit low, they're getting there.

During the day we also had a visit from an electrical hero who finished off the wiring for the kitchen so the oven is now operational as are all the power points. It's very exciting.

After that we picked up the girls and then drove to Mt Barker to catch up with my family for early pizza tea for my mum's birthday. It was slightly crazy with 4 kids 4 years and under but it was a nice time together.

The main things that are a bit troublesome at the moment are low energy levels, sore teeth and gums and a couple of mouth ulcers from where I bit my lip (one of those ones that crunch - arrrrg) that aren't really healing and are sore. I guess that's not too bad. Hopefully the coming week will continue to be good as Friday will be our 10th wedding anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment