Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Thanks for the straw

Thursday started off fairly well. Dave made some tasty breakfast which we enjoyed together and once we'd finished I started writing a list of things to do during the day. By about 11am it became apparent that I wouldn't actually get anything done from my list because I couldn't do anything and went back to bed. I spent the majority of the day either reading or dozing on my bed.

Dave went to pick up the girls during the afternoon and they all came back grumpy because Maesie didn't want to sing "The Wheels on the Bus" and so cried for around half the way home. Hi, happy family, so glad to see you back.

Once the girls were in bed and I'd had a bit of dinner, I felt better and made a banana cake and some banana muffins, then off to bed.

On Friday I was feeling okay. Maesie went to pre-school and once she came home we looked after a friend's daughter for a couple of hours. After that we all went up to my parent's place where Dave and I left the girls and went to a 50th birthday party. The party was good and I was feeling okay. It was great to catch up with friends and meet some new people, just a pity the initial topic of conversations tended to be about my lymphoma treatment. It's not that I don't want to talk about it and I do understand that people are interested because they care, it's just that I'd rather not have first hand knowledge of that topic.

Saturday was another busy day - body balance and then a wedding followed by the reception. When we got the invitation earlier in the year I wasn't sure whether I'd be able to make it so I was quite glad to get there on the weekend. It was a lovely ceremony and reception and another great time of catching up with people.

Seeing as Friday and Saturday were busy, I wasn't sure how I'd go on Sunday, especially as we had an earlier start than usual due to Trinity College open day. We all made it to church and home again. We had a quiet afternoon at home and I went to bed at 9.

After a nice long sleep - poor quality and interrupted however - I was still feeling good on Monday morning. I packed everyone off to their day's activities and then sat down to write a list of things to do, quite similar to the one I wrote on Thursday but had no luck getting through. Yesterday though I had much more luck and actually achieved lots of little things. I had an inkling of what I used to be able to do and a tease of what may one day be possible again.

That brings me to today. I was feeling okay mostly, but a little bit weak and tired. We dropped the girls at grandma's on the way into the RAH and found our way back to the lung function laboratory where I puffed my lungs out. That was over in about 20 minutes so we headed up to the mall for a while. Dave met a friend for lunch and while they ate yiros, I sucked down my barium solution. Delicious. They gave me a straw this time which made it just so much easier to drink.

After lunch we waved good bye and walked back to the hospital for my CT scan. We didn't have to wait long and it all went smoothly, now I just have to wait and see what the pictures say. I have to have a blood test on Thursday and when I call about the results of that, I will see what they can tell me about today. Otherwise I will have to wait till Tuesday when I go to see Dr Giri and start Round 7.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. what an update. lots happening. I hope it all goes well next week.
    Thanks again for having Maya......Craig asked her "how were Dave and Beth"....she said that you werent being a bully guy to her...LOL...so thanks for not being a bully guy to my daughter:):)....Dont you just wonder where they get this stuff from??
    Look foward to catching up sunday and praying for you as always.
    xxJandra

    ReplyDelete