Sunday, March 21, 2010

A party weekend

Well, today was Maesie's 4th birthday. We all got through it and it was a good day. We had a little gathering in the park which was slightly crazy as it was packed. Apologies to all those who were wandering aimlessly around the park trying to find us.

I am pretty tired now but I'm not sure whether that will automatically mean that tomorrow is a low day. It doesn't always seem to follow.



Maesie's Snow White cake was quite a success, if I do say so myself.


Prior to this birthday fiasco, two days have gone unreported.

Friday Maesie went to pre-school pre-entry, Elsie went to child care and we went to the shops to get terrible amounts of disgusting party food and a few things from Big W. We did a few bits and pieces at home, with neither Dave nor me being particularly productive. We ended up skipping swimming again because Maesie really wasn't keen and Elsie screamed all the way in the car while Dave was taking her and so he turned around and brought her home. I made honey crackles with two small helpers, which was a fair challenge but wasn't too bad.

Dave headed out to a school function for a little while and I made chocolate crackles and a birthday cake.

It was a fairly good day but I felt tired and my eyes felt heavy and it was just hard work to keep pushing on. I wasn't totally useless, but things took extra effort.

Saturday morning was the usual thing - Starplex for everyone - and this week I did Body Balance. It was really good to be moving, but not doing anything too crazy. Lunch, nap for Elsie, Dave took Maesie to a party, I tidied and got ready for her birthday today. In the afternoon we took the girls to the O'Loughlin's and then went to another birthday party for a friend of ours. It was a splendid evening of good food and company but it was still a bit of hard work for me. Heavy eyes and still fairly tired. I'd say that'll be normal for a while.

We picked up the girls, had a crappy sleep and that gets us to today.

Tomorrow I am back to the RAH for day 8. After my treatment I am going to get treatment of a different type - I'm heading up to Rundle Street to cash in a voucher I got for my birthday last year. I think I signed up for a massage and pedicure. We'll see how that goes. I think it'll be my second experience of both.

I also should mention that my eyebrows are on the way out and my face is getting a bit puffy. I have a fairly good cancer-patient look.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Maesie!! Wish we could've been there xx GORGEOUS CAKE!!! So cute! And a very precious family pic. Mwah to all the Macs!

    Ju xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. great family photo beth, and the cake is an impressive creation :)

    much love xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cake! I'm sure your little princesses were most impressed!

    Always thinking of you, Beth.

    Hugs n stuff,
    Nic xox

    ReplyDelete