Monday, March 8, 2010

Achy skin and numb toes

Today I have felt more normal than I have for a long time. I have had pretty good energy all day and have been able to keep up with things around the house. I didn't need a rest and even did some cooking. I made 'sausage rolls' with lentils and vegetables and Maesie gobbled them up for lunch. Hoorah!

I do have achy skin though, which I've had before and it is a bit weird. My toes have also started to lose their feeling, in the same way as my fingers. It's a bit of an annoying feeling, but it's not too unbearable. I think it's supposed to be a temporary thing and after I've finished chemo and the drugs gradually leave my system for good then my extremities should go back to their normal feeling.

Although I am glad to have had a good day and I hope that it continues, I am also aware that I have three rounds left to kick this so I hope the drugs are still eating away at the cancerous cells. I think the dose reduction this round has meant I haven't been quite as ruined and since the doses stay the same now, I hope I'll be able to have a few more 'normal' days.

Tomorrow night Dave and I will hopefully make it to Ross Noble. I am looking forward to having a good laugh. I hope it is as humorous as I expect it to be.

2 comments:

  1. Have a great night. Sure it will be worth a few giggles and a belly laugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you make it?????? :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete