Wednesday, March 17, 2010

More time at the MacGillivray village

Yesterday morning we dropped the girls with grandma and grandpa Mac who were planning to take them to the beach. Dave and I then headed to the RAH where I got my etoposide without trouble. Once we left the hospital we caught up with some friends for lunch, which was lovely.

From there we headed to the plaza to get some presents for Maesie's birthday. We went on a search for a nice compendium of fairy tales with good illustrations. Do you think such thing exists? No it does not. So that was a bit frustrating. After the shops it was back to the 'MacGillivray village' where we had tea and put the girls to bed. Dave had a spa and stayed up too late but had a good time. I also stayed up too late on the computer. Foolish.

Maesie woke up and was upset and wanted to go home. Ended up in our bed which resulted in the opposite of a good night sleep for me. Anyway, I'm getting used to it.

This morning Dave's dad gave me a ride to the hospital. I had another bag of etoposide without a hassle and then headed up to Rundle Street where I first went to Endota Spa to book in an appointment for next week to use a voucher I have, then to Kathmandu to look at trousers, had a bit of lunch, then to Borders to look for the elusive fairy tale book (I found something that will do the job). I caught the bus to the plaza then headed over to the Tea Tree Gully Library because I am a bit bored of the Gawler Library books and there are more at Tea Tree Gully. I tried to find cancer or lymphoma books and although there are books about cancer treatment, cancer diets, a few about surviving cancer and a couple about cancer experiences, there's not heaps to choose from. If I were to write a book about this whole she-bang I'm fairly sure there wouldn't be many else around. But how many people get lymphoma? Not heaps. Even fewer get Hodgkin's. Maybe a handful of people would read it. But does that matter or is it the writing that is the important part? I'm not sure.

Dave's sister picked me up from the library and I rejoined the village at psycho hour when my two plus their three cousins were going bonkers. We fed them, then ate dinner ourselves and left, once we'd packed a ridiculous amount of stuff for one night into the back of the car.

I'm tired, but I think it's mostly because 1. I went to bed too late, 2. I had a bad sleep and 3. I did a bit too much in the city today. I don't think it has much to do with having cancer and/or chemo. We shall see what tomorrow brings.

1 comment:

  1. looking forward to your book :) if you do it for you it will be the best read anyone will have ever picked up on the topic. No one wants any thing else, just honesty. You're definitely the girl for the job Beth *hugs*

    Ju xo

    ReplyDelete