Sunday, March 7, 2010

Graduation

Friday I spent at the Gawler Hospital getting some blood. It ended up taking all day and I was eager to get out. Dave had taken the girls to swimming so I was planning to drive home. The nurse asked me "Is there anyone to pick you up?" To which I answered yes, in good conscience because there was someone, they just weren't coming. Then she asked me more specific questions to which I had to lie and it was getting harder to escape. Then I said I needed to wait outside because Dave would have the girls, with the plan that I'd just go, but the nurse said I'll be able to see the car from the window and they'd make sure I got out to the car ok. I'd had blood, blah, blah, they had to make sure I was alright, blah, blah, I could faint, blah, blah. So I called some friends and they came to my rescue and took me home. The car had an overnight stay at the hospital.

Friday evening I did feel better for having had the blood, but I didn't feel amazing. It was a little bit disappointing. Hopefully there'll be some longer term benefits.

On Saturday morning Dave had combat and he took the girls to Starplex with him. I stayed home and did a few bits and pieces but mainly took it easy in preparation for graduation in the evening. We had lunch and bumbled through the afternoon until about 4:30 when we took the girls to a friend's place where they were going to have a sleep over while we went to graduation. We met my mum and dad for tea and then made it to Rostrevor in good time for the ceremony. Everything went well and I collected my certificate in a smashing gown and fancy stoll. It was great to catch up with lots of friends from Bible College too. Praise the Lord I was well enough to go and for my time studying at the college.




Today it was lovely to wake up without children and to prepare only my breakfast and eat it uninterrupted. We went to church and were reunited with our offspring, who although happy to see us, didn't seem too fussed about the overnight absence.

The rest of the day was just spent at home and I was quite tired and useless. Dave made coloured merigues with Maesie and I did not much. I had a little kip, but it didn't make heaps of difference. I feel a bit ripped off about the blood - I went out once after taking it easy and I'm still wiped out. I guess it wasn't super blood after all.

Week three, round 5, starts tomorrow so I have less tablets to take and hopefully no hospital visits until Friday when I have to see Dr Giri, prior to starting Round 6 next Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations gorgeous girl! *squeeezy hugs* and mmmm, breakfast without interruptions....should bottle that :D xx

    Ju xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photo of you and dave. and it was amazingly wonderful to see you both at graduation!! much love and hugs xoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big congrats on your graduation! You look beautiful. xoxo
    Nic

    ReplyDelete