Monday, March 15, 2010

Screen doors, prizes and too much tv

Saturday and Sunday were good days and I should have written this then because this evening I feel a bit shody and don't care much for typing.

On Saturday we all headed to Starplex. Dave taught his combat class, the girls went to creche (God bless Starplex creche and the lovely ladies that work there) and I did RPM. This week I actually did most of the class and tried reasonably hard - it was good. The best part was that I was still going strong for the rest of the day. Not that we did a great deal. We just pottered around at home and admired Dave's handy work - a new screen door on the front and the old front screen on the laundry door.

Sunday was another good day - church and then a baby shower. The baby shower was slightly awkward however, as I won the three games. I had a flukey guess at the number of jelly beans in a baby's bottle, remembered 13/14 baby items on a tray and only just beat another lady at drinking 100mL of water from a baby bottle. It was splendid to celebrate the imminent birth of a child, eat a delicious afternoon tea and not be with my children. I do love them, I just like time away too.

Last night I shaved Dave's head with the clippers and then he finished it off with his electric razor. We shaved it to raise money for the Leukemia Foundation's 'Shave for a Cure' and have ended up with over $2000. Thanks very much for donating if you did.

That was the weekend.

Today was the start of Round 6. Getting my drugs was uneventful. On the way to meeting my mum I saw in the mall that the stationery store kikki-k has come to the beautiful rAdelaide and made it even more rad. It was very exciting. I got home around 3, Dave and the girls at around 3:40. Maesie helped Dave make pasta for tea and she enjoyed winding the handle to cut it into noodles.

Tea then bed for girls. Couch for me because I have run out of steam and feel chemo-y. So I have blobbed in front of the tv for the evening. It's not really that good because it's a bit of a waste of time. I should do something else whilst I sit and rest. That is probably one way I waste my life at the moment. Watching too much mind rotting tv.

PS - Just in case you have been wondering, the results of my butt swab were negative so it's nice not to have to worry about any more nasty bugs for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment