Monday, March 22, 2010

My pretty toes

This morning, after quite a good sleep, Dave took the girls to pre-school and family day care while I went up to the hospital for a blood test. Dave and I then met back at home and headed into the city. We were a bit late, but not too bad. Cannulation went well, which made it four out of four for this round. No multiple attempts and no bruising - woohoo.

I made it out of the RAH in good time to head up to Rundle St for my massage and pedicure. It was lovely, though I'm not sure I could work there with that relaxation music playing all day. The lady (maybe she was called a 'therapist'?) had quite small hands and particularly little thumbs and I thought surely those little hands are sore at the end of the day. Anyway, she did a good job regardless of the size of her hands.

Here are my newly renovated toe nails.


After that we left the city and trundled back to Gawler to pick up the girls. Dave made pasta for tea, we did the usual bedtime stuff and now we are having a giggle watching the Melbourne Comedy Gala.

I've got another CT scan coming up next Tuesday, as well as a lung function test. It will be interesting to see what's happened over the last two rounds and how much is left. I saw on the tv the other day that each CT is the equivalent of around 800 xrays and that they could increase the chance of getting cancer. Grand, just what I need.

It feels a bit strange to be approaching the end of the initial 8 rounds. For a while I didn't really think about the end because it seemed so far away and I didn't want to get ahead of myself. I've sort of been drifting along doing whatever needs to be done - blood test, go to hospital, get chemo, rest, take tablets, turn up to appointments. Whatever. But soon things will change - either it will all be gone and I will be sent on my way to hopefully return to my life, with regular checkups. It would be nice to have some semblance of structure back. Or perhaps it will not all be gone and then I continue this strange life at the mercy of medicine. Either way I will continue to trust in the Lord because I can't work out what's going on and I believe He has many and varied reasons for whatever will eventuate. He has faithfully been with me thus far and has promised not to quit any time soon.

3 comments:

  1. Hope the small handed 'therapist' didn't smell like cabbage also...Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe. no cabbage, more like lavender....

    ReplyDelete