Tuesday, February 23, 2010

You can't hide your chemo eyes....

Yesterday was the start of Round 5. A friend from church drove me in to the hospital and stayed with me during treatment. We had a good chat in the car and in the oncology day centre. When I arrived in oncology I was greeted with some good news - due to the reduction in the dose of cyclophosmamide I did not need to have mesna, which meant that I didn't have to hang around in order to go back 4 hours later. I won't have to for the next three rounds either, so that's grand.

After chemo it was lunch time so we headed up to Rundle Street to eat before going home. We were torn about where to go and neither of us could choose so we ended up at Cafe Michael 2 where I had green curry chicken again. Still delicious.

I got home about 3 ish and tidied up a bit before Dave and the girls came home. Then I sat on the couch and was a bit spacey and half watched, half slept through Barbie Fairytopia Rainbow whatever the hell it is. Oh, Maesie put it on, not me. My eyes were heavy and I felt a bit funky. I was pretty slow for the rest of the evening but Dave made a delicious dinner and we had a good laugh watching Good News Week. Dave also bought some flowers when he dashed out to the shops and they are delightful.

I was out the front for some reason last night when the neighbour came home and so we had a little chat and she told me one morning when I was out the front watering wearing my hoodie, with the hood on because it was cold, that her daughter said to her "There's someone in their yard. Are they supposed to be there?" and she replied that it looked like it was me and why else would they be watering. The daughter then questioned why I had the hood of my jumper on and the mother reminded her I had no hair. I had a giggle about that story. Just that I look like a bit of a punk or something with my daggy jumper on and the hood on and the teenager next door, who incidentally is verging on emo herself, was concerned that there was a stranger in my yard. Hehe.

This morning we dropped the girls at grandma's and headed into Adelaide again for the day two bag of goodness. We got there a bit late and had to wait for about an hour so that was a bit crap but we had our books and just enjoyed reading for a while. Grandma is having the girls tonight so we did a few jobs on the way home and then tidied up a bit more. There has been a fair bit of tidying to do you may have noticed. We're slowly getting organised and getting rid of stuff and finding homes for things.

On the way home we called into a Salvo's store and they had a suitcase and even better it was half price. So I got that. Then we went to a salvage yard to look for a piece of timber for our benchtop and they had another little case and I got that too. Two cases in one day! I also have a couple of bids on two on ebay. If I win those, that might be too many cases! We'll see.

We ended up having some friends round for tea which was very nice. It was lovely to sit and chat and catch up and feel a bit normal for a while and talk about a variety of things.

This afternoon we booked tickets to see Ross Noble in the Fringe. It's in a couple of weeks and in a way it's a bit dicey because I'm not really sure how I'll be. I could even be in hospital I guess. But I really want to try and go. I was originally aiming for the Wednesday or Thursday show but there weren't any pairs of seats together. We are supposed to be at a meeting on Tuesday and I was in a bit of a tizz about whether to go on Tuesday or not and I got a bit upset because I really want to go because it's something to look forward to in this crap and I want to laugh and feel like a normal person who can go out and do things occasionally. Dave ended up deciding, stuff it - let's just go on Tuesday. So that's the plan. I hope I'm okay for it. Even if I'm not, I think I might drag myself along.

I am also looking forward to my graduation on the 6th of March and am hoping I feel okay for that too. I really don't want to miss it.

1 comment:

  1. ooooh, Ross Noble, he's pretty funny :p I think you guys made the right decision... I used to get hung up making decisions and then just decided one day that I was gonna be much quicker, make a decision and deal with the consequences later... it's a punt, but you could actually be feeling really good, have a great night and your spirits be lifted and that's awesome. And if you can't go, at least you gave it a shot :-) I'll be praying that you can go :-)

    Btw...no talking about Ebay- you're tempting me to spend money I don't have, just for the thrill of the chase :P

    ReplyDelete