Wednesday, February 17, 2010

People have been asking me how I went in my tests and I guess that's fair enough because they are eager to know what the cancer is up to. I don't have any results yet but I can tell you I went very well in my tests.

I did exactly what the lung function man said. He said puff, I puffed. He said breathe in and I did. I aced the CT scan. I drank the barium concrete solution at the right time, I emptied my bladder when they told me to, I put the gown on the right way round, I lay still on the bed. When the machine said "Don't breathe or swallow", I didn't. So I feel like the tests went very well and that I passed with flying colours, it's just the results we have to wait for....

My foot is getting a bit better I think. It's not quite as puffed up and nasty-looking. It's still not the greatest, but hopefully it won't get any worse.

Apart from the scan results, the next thing for me is my usual pre-chemo appointment with the doctor on Friday and then I'm back to the RAH on Monday for Day 1 of Round 5.

3 comments:

  1. Hello my friend,
    Still thinking of you. I am glad that foot is looking better. You are in my prayers often and in my thoughts quite a lot too. I am glad you feel okay about the tests, you have some very interesting posts. This is a bit random I know but felt it was important to let you know I was still here. Let me know if we can be helpful. I'd love to catch up sometime if it works out.
    Catch you soon,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth

    I am heading into town on friday if you need a lift?? But on monday I am getting my brakes done (way overdue)....if you are stuck for a ride let me know and I can try to wizz home and grab our other car! We are praying for you always. xx Jandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha, I love your sense of humour...you know, you should do what i do and insist on getting a 'reward'for having an injection, being good for the doctor etc...you would be loaded with gifts and sweet treats :-)

    ReplyDelete