Friday, February 26, 2010

A hairy update

Not a great deal to write today. I thought maybe it might be time to jot down a few notes about my random side effects. Although my hair mostly fell out and then Dave shaved it early on, it still grows a little bit. I've got a little bit of fuzz over most of my head. I don't mind the lack of hair but it does get a bit cold sometimes. My eye lashes and eye brows are hanging in there at the moment. I'm not too sure if they'll go eventually. Time will tell.

My leg hairs aren't really growing so there's a perk, I haven't had to worry about that for a while which is a bonus during the summer. I never had a great deal of armpit hair anyway but they all seem to be gone for now too. Now, it's probably a bit too much information but it will suffice to say that there has been some logging across the 'map of tassie'. Not completely clear-felled yet, but getting sparse.

The tips of my fingers are still a bit numb and my hands shake more than they used to.

The main, festery, blistering shingles sore on my foot is not raised any more and is starting to get a bit crusty. I can walk barefoot now fairly comfortably. A nice change after having to either walk on my heel or have shoes on all the time - it's only taken two weeks. So far Dave and the girls haven't got chicken pox, so praise the Lord for that because things really would have been crap if that happened. Hopefully they still won't get it.

Other than that, I am tired. Today I have had quite a full day though. I did a few jobs around the house and then went to school to give a talk to a couple of classes of Yr 12s about TEAR Australia because Dave had his big social justice day as part of the religious education program and he was short of people to present the elective components. So I had a go. Not sure if anyone really listened or if anything I said sunk in. I finished a bit early and it was a little bit strange but I survived and it actually wasn't too bad, considering I didn't really prepare very thoroughly.

As I was doing my dodgy preparation last night I realised that things like social justice and inequality and ethical issues and the poverty throughout the world do interest/concern me quite a lot and do fire me up a bit. It is all an overwhelming mess of complex issues that I am not sure will ever be resolved and I'm not entirely sure what I am to do with this information now, but I shall file it away and see where it falls as I attempt to not waste my life.

In other random news, Maesie helped me make purple pancakes for tea - pancakes with mushed blueberries in them. Furthermore, she ate them and liked them. Win.

4 comments:

  1. LOL...funny update.
    Good luck tomorrow. Hope all goes well again.
    We need to get together to whinge soon about social injustice....my fave topic. Annoying me at the moment is people whinging about water restrictions on their garden when in some countries(ie China) they dont have fresh drinking water- something we take for granted and carry on about our gardens....aaarrgghh.
    Praying for you
    xxJandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's alot of old growth forests in Tasmania. Some are heratige listed. Its never too late

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Now, it's probably a bit too much information but it will suffice to say that there has been some logging across the 'map of tassie'."
    BA AHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

    You make me laugh :P

    At least you've still got your sense of humour :-)

    Despite everything that is going on and how crap it can be, at least the girls will look back and remember you changing their wet beds and them being whiney and rude ( I certainly remember it from when I was young!) and Maesie will remember purple pancakes and dance lessons and all the crazy things you did to keep her entertained ... something I have also found teaching is kids who have gone through having a parent with a serious illness are often the best adjusted in later life- they seem to be my most mature students who value life. So sucks atm but you're kinda doing Maesie and Elsie a favour in a weird way... not sure if that's any compensation for having to go through all this crap, but it's better than a kick in the pants :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Samara good way of looking at it! Yes very funny update Beth :) great to see you survived your time with the year 12s yes very much a high interest topic for me too. i have to say though a photo of Maesie and those purple pancakes would have been great on here tehe. great idea! xo

    ReplyDelete