Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A good day with another nice lunch

Another day of feeling normal. Nice.

I think today was the fastest ever. I got there around 10:20 and was out by 11. No chit-chat with friends today, it was quiet in the day centre.

Dave and I then went to the central markets to pick up some lunch items. That was a bit traumatic because I love the idea of the markets but always feel overwhelmed once I'm in there. I feel disorientated too which doesn't help. I feel like there's secrets about the best place to get bread, the best place for cheese etc and I don't know them and I want to. Plus I end up cris-crossing and doubling back in my effort to find just what I want. Anyway, we both survived and after a little debrief in the car where Dave gently pointed out that he thought I was worse than usual and that perhaps chemo was getting to my brain and making my indecision worse, we headed to a friends place for lunch. Lunch was splendid.

4 comments:

  1. The smelly cheese shop is the best. No secret. Thinking of you and praying (Battye's)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, i feel the same re the markets. memories of wandering too far from mum and being smiled at by little asian men with very few teeth. freaky.
    So glad you are doing well this round. Praying for a completely clear scan and continued strength for you all.
    love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so reassuring!! You always seem so capable, so to know your markets experience is the same as mine is fantastic news!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel exactly the same- how do you know you are getting THE BEST fresh produce? I tend to just give up and head to the chocolate place, bypassing the yoghurt shop on the way :P

    ReplyDelete