Monday, February 22, 2010

Energy for the weekend

On Saturday, I ran. Sort of. I was feeling good, a complete contrast to the previous Saturday when I ended up in hospital. Dave had his combat class to teach at Starplex so the girls went to creche, Dave did the lesson and I spent some time on the treadmill and doing some weights. I walked for most of the time but managed to pick it up to 12 km/hr for four intervals of 30 seconds. I suppose it's good, it's just that I used to do so much more. Anyway, it was still good to run for even a little while. I did a few leg presses and some other bits and pieces. It was good. Home for lunch then out a bit later to McDonalds so the girls could play on their playground not in the sun and for icecreams. After that we went to see some friends and pick up a lounge suite they have passed along to us. Home for tea and once the youngsters were in bed, Dave and I watched the movie "Julie and Julia". We both enjoyed it quite a bit.

On Sunday, I couldn't walk. It may have been slightly foolish to run and do a few weights after such a long time away. My legs were quite sore and I had some crazy limp - between the shingles on my foot and the sore muscles moving was hard going. A few people at church asked me if I was okay because I was walking so badly. Ooops. Today my legs are quite a bit better. Home for lunch, a rest for Elsie, Barbie Fairytopia Magic Rainbow for Maesie and I'm not entirely sure what Dave and I did. When Elsie woke up, we headed down to Ikea. It was always going to be dicey taking two under 4's into Ikea but we entered the store at 3:45. The store closes at 5. It's a big shop. We all made it out unscathed with most of the items we went for. The girls were actually very good and had a lovely time going into all the Ikea rooms. Things just started to come unstuck at the end when I was carrying a floor rug, Dave was carrying a coffee table, Maesie was pushing the trolley, Elsie was free to roam and everyone in the store was trying to get to the cash register. Note to self: leave children with someone else when going to Ikea.

After that (yeah, that's not all) we went to Semaphore. Dave and the girls had a bit of a splash in the sea and a jump in the waves. Once they were all dressed again, the girls played and Dave hunted and gathered up Semaphore Road and came back with fish and chips. It was tasty. Icecreams (again) and into the car to come home. We left at 7 and do you think those cheeky things slept in the car? No they did not. But they were happy, so that was okay.

It was a fairly crazy weekend, but I was feeling good so we took the opportunity to get a few jobs done and do a few activities together. It was splendid.

3 comments:

  1. Hiya
    Sounds like a good weekend...how is the couch? Hope it looks okay.
    I am going to Adelaide again on monday if you need a ride! just let me know.
    talk soon
    xxJandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, thanks, the couch looks pretty smart in our front room I reckon. We've been trying to clear it out a bit and it's getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a rad weekend, apart from the crazy limp. Good on you for doing stuff when you feel well, its a credit to you.
    Love you. x

    ReplyDelete