Thursday, April 8, 2010

Turns out Thursday is the best soup day

Today was Round 7, Day 3. I haven't been in the Oncology Day Centre for chemo on a Thursday so far and it turns out we've been missing the best soup day - chicken and corn. Around 10:15 the splendid volunteers, the Lavender Lads and Ladies, come round with a trolley and offer everyone soup. The type of soup changes each day and I've not had any up till now. I didn't accept a cup today, but Dave did and I had a bit and it was very tasty. It's just a pity I haven't been in on Thursdays before. I think I should be in on a Thursday next round too, so I might have a cup then. It's a bit weird though, I think, to have soup at 10 in the morning. I prefer tea and biscuits. It has also been summer so it's not really soupy weather. Anyway, enough about the soup....

The nurse got the cannula in first time today. For the past three days they've had success in the back of my hands. Jackpot, undestroyed territory. Saline, etoposide, saline. Farewell. See you next week. Enjoy your movie tomorrow.

We headed to The Parade and caught up with some friends for lunch. I enjoyed delicious Drunken Noodles and spending time together. We went back to their place to collect some books and got stuck chatting for a little longer, but it was nice and something I need to try and make more of an effort to do.

Another farewell and we headed back to Gawler to collect the girls from their adopted grandparents (thanks!). They spent some time at the beach and the playground and they had a Paddlepop. We picked up two tired but happy girls and left two tired but happy older folk to recover!

I am flagging this evening. Dave has done showers, stories and bedtime single-handedly while I sit at the table and do a few bits and pieces. I am tired and will be heading to bed early tonight, but it has been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment