Tuesday, April 20, 2010

One excellent Monday

Yesterday was a splendid day. Dave and the girls left to their various activities around 8:30. I pulled on my runners again and went for a walk/jog up to the train station and back, just like the old days. I made it home without mishap, which was a bonus.

At home I had breaky, choked down my stupid tablets, had a shower and then tidied up. A dear friend and her infant came to catch up and we had a good day talking about all sorts of things.

Around 4ish I got a phone call to see if I wanted a couple of free tickets to the Spandau Ballet/Tears for Fears concert last night. It was very last minute and I was in a bit of a tizz due to the spontaneity of events. I'm not really good at that. I called a few friends and found one willing and able to join me.

We had dinner before I left and Maesie ate it without much fuss. It really was a great day.

I drove myself to the Entertainment Centre and was fine, yet another achievement. The concert was ace. Loud music that could be felt through the floor. It's likely that I destroyed a bit of hearing before I used the earplugs, but that's okay. Lots of 'mature' ladies dancing in the aisles. Just great.

I do love music but I don't have it on much at home. I have the radio on in the car if I am by myself. I really should incorporate more music into everyday because life is better with a soundtrack.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should change your blog to a musical? I'm sure Dave would love to help with the drama of it :)

    ReplyDelete