Friday, April 23, 2010

Hello doctor.

It's been quite a good day. I had a blood test this morning and she didn't give me a bruise, which was a good start.

Some friends called past on their way through to the riverland and Dave made scones for morning tea. The scones were delicious and it was lovely to catch up with more friends we haven't seen for a while.

Around midday we left home, dropped the girls at grandma's and then Dave and I went to the RAH for my pre-chemo appointment with the doctor. I found out today that I will have a PET scan six weeks after the last round finishes, so that's nine weeks from now - making it near the end of June. That's quite a time away. That scan should show whether any active disease remains, so I won't really know if I'm done until then. The doctor did say that he hasn't had to give anyone more than 8 rounds of BEACOPP for Hodgkin's lymphoma. Hopefully I won't break his record.

My blood results were ok, except for my platelet count which was low. 76 and it should be somewhere near 150. It should increase over the weekend just in time to go down again with the next dose of chemo.

I've got lots of things happening this weekend and I am hoping I don't get too tired. I probably will but I could also sit around doing nothing and still get tired so I may as well make the tiredness worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment