Thursday, April 15, 2010

Neglected Vomeros

I just want to run. I haven't run for so long. I've got a lovely pair of Vomeros under my bed that did the City to Bay and that's about it. They're busting to get out. I saw the tubbies on the fat-show running at 20km/hr tonight and I just want to have a crack at it. Maybe I'll get on the treadmill tomorrow. It might use up all of tomorrow's allowance of energy, but I think it would be worth it. I feel like it could go either way - like if I run a bit or exercise then I'll feel better for it or that I might just crash and burn and be in bed the next day.

I am seriously considering doing the Mother's Day Classic. It's on Mother's Day, clearly, which is May 9th. That will be the Sunday at the end of week 2 of the last round. I think I'll just go for the 4 kms and if I walk most of the way then so be it, but I think I have to do it so that I know that I can. It's around the Torren's Lake, the same course I've done many times for the Corporate Cup, and I just need to get out and do things.

I get all pumped about getting back into it but really, I'm not sure I'm up for it. I blobbed around home all day today. No shower. Doing some washing, paperwork, a bit of cooking, looking after the girls but not really firing. I used to be so much more efficient but it's just not working for me at the moment. Just the thought of organising the girls by myself and loading them into the car by myself is too hard sometimes. Although, sometimes it was too hard before all this cancer bizo....

1 comment:

  1. sending you much love dear beth.
    and i do empathise with that great itching desire to go for a run- it will happen, and you will love that free feeling :) xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete