Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bye bye BEACOPP

Today was Day 8, Round 8. The last day of IV chemo for my BEACOPP treatment for Hodgkin's Lymphoma. The girls stayed at Dave's parents and Dave and I headed into the RAH as we have done so many times this last 5 months. The nurse I was allocated today was the same one I had on my very first day. She enjoyed the symmetry, as did I. Her care made special bookends to my time in the oncology day centre.

I still have tablets to take for the next few days and then after that, I'm done. It's weird. I'm still not sure how I feel and what I think about coming to the end of this treatment. I do know that I am thankful to God for getting me and the rest of my family through the last little while. I am also thankful for the many, many people who have played a part in caring for us in any way, and there have been myriad ways.

I feel there's more to say about this somewhat auspicious day, but my brain is still chemo-ed so there's not much getting through. Maybe another day....

1 comment:

  1. YYaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.. YYiiipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! that is very very exciting beth! sending you all much much love xoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete