Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Radiology and a criminal

I went back to the Royal Adelaide today and had my fourth CT scan. I slurped down my goop, again assisted by the supplied straw. The nurse had a go at getting a cannula in but she stuffed it up and went to get a doctor to have a go. A doctor came and had a shot and he had better luck, getting it in a vein in the other arm first go.

The scan was fine and I should find out the results next Monday when I go and see Dr Giri.

While I was signing my Medicare form, a young man came in to the radiology department. He was wearing handcuffs and he was also handcuffed to a security-looking fellow and there was another security-looking fellow with them. His trousers had ARC on the back. I was in the presence of a criminal and he had tattoos and everything. I had no reason to stay though so I couldn't find out any more.

I caught the train in and out of the city and that's always an adventure during off peak times. Crazies, old folk commenting on how it gets cold these days once the sun goes down (you don't say? you know that's a blazing ball of fire up there in the sky during the day lending us it's warmth...), young punks not buying tickets and displaying their limited English education by peppering their conversation with 'like' and swear words, a drunk with a dog in a green grocery bag, an art student of some description with very small hands, some lady with not much weird fuzzy hair and massive cheeks. Always interesting....

Before I went into the city I went to Starplex this morning. I went on the treadmill for around half an hour and mostly walked. I did jog a bit and ran for a couple of minutes. Overall I feel okay about what I'm up to, all things considered, but I do see that it is a long road ahead as I gradually regain fitness, strength and anything resembling stamina.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your entertaining blog. It was a good read.

    On the crim front ... Couldn't you have found a shoe lace to do up? Or explained you're on a need to know basis. Tim thinks you should have offered him a drink.

    Kate Bom

    ReplyDelete