Tuesday, May 18, 2010

No Barbie Bandaid for me.

This morning we have had a family expedition to the doctor. Maesie and Elsie had their 4 year and 18 month checkups and then they had their immunisations. Maesie shed a couple of tears, Elsie didn't even flinch. Maesie had taken her Barbie bandaids so she put one on each of her arms and one on Elsie's. The doctor asked whether I had chicken pox as a child and I was able to confirm that I had and that I have had shingles too. We did tell him that David has never had them though, so he printed out an IMVS form for Dave to have a blood test to find out whether he has immunity to the pox. There is a collection centre next door to the doctor so we wandered over there and Dave had his blood taken. He didn't cry either and Maesie put a Barbie bandaid on his arm too. I didn't have any needles break my skin today - it was a welcome change but I do feel a bit left out without a Barbie bandaid.





After everyone being so brave we all had a treat - the girls had icecream and Dave and I had hot beverages and a piece of cake. So much for yesterday's resolve to reduce the cheeks. Maybe I'll just try and do more exercise instead....

Yesterday evening Dave came home with a belated Mother's Day present - a garden seat for the front yard. He has put it together this afternoon and now I can admire my soursobs from the comfort of a seat. It's ace.

In other news, my hair is growing back a bit. My head is fuzzy and my hair looks like it is trying hard to grow, similar in appearance to a teen mustache.

1 comment:

  1. Love your girls expressions! Dave! Where's your happy face?! :D Yay for the celebration and yay for the garden seat!

    Ju *hugs*

    ReplyDelete