Monday, May 10, 2010

Last day of pills and some stats

This morning I took the last of my BEACOPP tablets (see the photo). I still have to take some extra bits and pieces but the main ones are done. In particular, the bitter, crappy prednisolone pills that I have had to take six of 14 mornings out of 21 are finished. Hooray!


Today is Monday 10th May and I started on Monday November 30th, 162 days ago. In that time I have had:
  • 672 prednisolone tablets
  • 192 procarbazine tablets
  • 96 respirim forte tablets
  • approx 336 potassium tablets
  • approx 320 antiviral (famvir) tablets
  • 8 bags of bleomycin
  • 8 bags of vincristine
  • 8 bags of doxorubicin
  • 8 bags of cyclophosphamide
  • 24 bags of etoposide
  • 8 bags of mesna (plus a few tablets)
  • 21 Emend anti-nausea tablets
  • 8 pegfilgrastim (white blood cell booster) injections
  • more than 10 red blood cell booster injections
  • more than 50 blood tests
  • 2 CT scans (that means two bottles of liquid concrete)
  • 2 lung function tests
  • 1 blood transfusion
  • 7 days in the Lyell McEwin hospital
  • 2 chest x-rays
  • 1 ultrasound
  • 2 cups of hospital soup
  • a few other random tablets I can't remember
  • an unknown volume of saline and
  • an unknown volume of green tea.
Not a bad effort for someone who wasn't too keen on taking panadol.

For completeness, I should perhaps add the things prior to starting chemo:
  • 1 CT scan
  • 1 PET scan
  • 1 lung function test
  • 1 gated blood pool scan
  • 1 bone marrow biopsy
  • 1 fine needle biopsy
  • 1 chest x-ray
  • 1 ultrasound
  • 1 lymph node removed

4 comments:

  1. Quite a little list when you put it that way! Shame the anti-sickness tablets didn't live up to their name. You have failed to list the miriad of blood tests, respiratory tests and other bits and pieces. I think they should be there for a complete list. You know I like my lists complete.
    Hang in there. There is precious little left and the only way is up baby:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be an engineer. What with the numbers and lists. I can pick them a mile off - My grandpa, my dad, my 4 uncles, my sister. ; )

    Blessings upon your household.

    Kate Bom

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is sure an impressive list dear beth!! but how exciting that the time of endless pill taking and hospital visits may have come to an end!! love to you all xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. woah, how do you remember all that? crazy!

    ReplyDelete