Saturday, May 15, 2010

A few deliveries

It's been almost a week since I added anything here. I didn't realise it had been so long. Unfortunately, I struggle to remember what's going on from one day to the next, so to comment on a week is going to be a bit tricky.

Tuesday was a good family day. We went to the library, then the playground and then Dave's parent's place for lunch and so Elsie could have a rest. After that it was back home and we had a church council meeting in the evening.

Wednesday I dropped Maesie at pre-school and then spent time at home doing a few bits and pieces. I did the grocery shopping, which I found hard work and in the afternoon my new mobile phone was delivered. Our niece was also delivered for a sleepover later in the afternoon.

On Thursday Dave was away at school camp all day and I was on my own with the girls. I still find this quite daunting. Before I started treatment I used to work for two days a week and then be home with the girls for the rest of the week and I used to do all the things that need to be done - shopping, washing, cooking, etc. I even used to go to the gym and take them and put them in creche. During the last few months I have perhaps had both girls for a full day only a handful of times and I definitely haven't hauled them round like I used to. I just haven't been able to. I am hoping that at some point I will feel both strong enough and confident enough to care for my offspring without resorting to DVDs all day and just hoping I can stay awake through the afternoon. Anyway, we made it through Thursday ok. I had a meeting in the evening which went for longer than expected but was a good time away thinking about something different.

Friday was only yesterday. When I woke up I had two messages from my sister to say that she had started labour. I should have had some breakfast and a shower, thrown on some clothes and gathered a few things and left to go down to her place. But she didn't sound too urgent and so I thought I had a bit of time. I fluffed about at home and then went and had a blood test and then I got a call from my brother-in-law to say come. So I went home, got my stuff, spoke to my dad, sorted stuff out with Dave and then left and paused at the bakery to pick up some lunch before steaming down to Milang. It took me around 1.5 hours to get there and as I was getting my bags out of the boot I heard a bellow that meant business. I walked inside in time to see the newborn child in its mother's arms and swear on the precious little video footage of the birth. I missed the whole thing. I'm so annoyed about it. I had so many opportunities to leave earlier, I just didn't. It's not that they needed me, I knew they would do splendidly as indeed they did, it's just that I was aiming to be there and I failed to do what I intended.

The newly delivered baby is a girl - Hannah Grace. She was 8 lb 1 oz and 51 cm long. She is doing well and so is the rest of the family.

I stayed over last night to help with a few bits and pieces. Dave brought our girls down to say hello to their new cousin this afternoon and then we all came home.

And that's the last few days in a nutshell.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on becoming an aunty again!!!! *HUGS* So exciting!!! Really, your niece could've waited *hehe* Enjoy the new bundle xx

    Ju xo

    ReplyDelete