Monday, May 10, 2010

Let me go on, like a blister on the tongue.....

For the last few days I have had a blister on the side of my tongue. It has been quite sore and has made it hard to eat. Not that I've changed my diet, I've just pushed through and put up with it. It's much better this morning, which is good. I do, however have a sore throat and a bit of a cough today. I have checked my temperature and it is okay but I am taking things a little carefully because I don't want to go to hospital now.

It was a fairly big weekend and I wasn't feeling so great. I am taking it easy at home today while Dave is at work, Maesie is at pre-school and Elsie is at family day care.

On Saturday afternoon Dave, Maesie and I went to see Comedy Capers scout show at the Shedley Theatre while my parents looked after Elsie. It was a good show. I still don't quite understand what would make someone voluntarily go on stage to sing and dance in front of hundreds but each to their own. I know not everyone understands the things I enjoy. Maesie had a great time and was exhausted by the end of the day.

Yesterday was Mother's Day, which I sort of care about and sort of don't. I care about it more for my mother, mother-in-law and grandmothers than I do for myself. I am thankful for all they have done and continue to do for us, but I don't really rate myself for Mother's Day yet. I'm not convinced I'm worthy of the hype. Give me 20 years or so and then I might be happy for the fuss. We went to Village MacGillivray for lunch, which was very tasty even as I maneuvered it past my silly tongue blister. Everyone was quite tired because of the show, sinus operations, pregnancy, chemo and other factors but it was an okay afternoon. I spent some time working on an assignment with my Year 8 nephew and that was quite good. Dave did most of the child care duties, which was lovely because they wear me out and I was already pretty tired.

Today I need to have another blood test and hopefully that shows that things are getting back to normal.

1 comment:

  1. You're an amazing mummy for the pure fact that you kept going despite your world being turned on its head! It doesn't matter if you've been a mummy for 20years or 20 mins, its that love that you don't feel except for when you become a mummy that sets you apart. Don't discount the beautiful mummy you are Beth! I know your moochies wouldn't want any other mummy - that makes you the best!

    Ju *hugs*

    ReplyDelete