Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Vinnie's, turkey and 50c

Tuesday this week was a good day for me. I was at work and that in itself was quite good. The sun was out and it was very pleasant, a taste of spring. I went for a walk at lunchtime up to the Vinnie's on The Parade. I spent too long there and ended up being late back to work, however I did score 11 items of clothing, most of which are brand name of some description (Country Road, Witchery, Levis etc) for $147. A few of these items were trousers for me that fit so I don't have to keep wearing my maternity jeans everyday. They are comfy but when you are nowhere near pregnant it's not really allowed.

On my way back from Vinnie's I popped into a 'real food cafe' or something like that. I purchased a smoked turkey, brie, pear chutney and baby spinach brown bread roll. The roll was a density I like (more on the solid side, not too fluffy) and it was flat, which I also prefer over rolls with a big round top. I ate the roll back at work and it was delicious. The price was slightly hefty but I will venture back there one day I think as the roll was a treat.

To top it off when the shop assistant gave me my fifty cents change, it was a 2010 50 cent piece that I hadn't seen yet and didn't have in my collection. I put it safely away in my bag, not in my purse so that it wouldn't be spent.

Great day, great day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my.

    Your Tuesday sounds delightful.

    For an op shop experience where you really get bang for your buck go to Port Lincoln. With the most millionaires per capita in Oz, there is a lot of brand named bootie. I got 2 cue cardies for $3 each. I found Busselton in WA of similar ilk.I guess the petrol over there would cancel out any actual savings. Ho, hum.

    Go you good thing at the City to Bay. Tim is doing it for the first time this year. Enjoy.

    Love to you and your fam.

    Kate Bom

    ReplyDelete