Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Neutrophils, neutrophils, wherefore art thou neutrophils

Today may well be one of the lowest days during this whole process. I am pathetically lack lustre and have been either sitting down or lying on my bed for the afternoon. I'm not happy about it. I got a call to say that I need to have daily blood tests so I had to have another one today and the white cell result was an almighty 0.12. That's too low to work out how many neutrophils there are, if indeed any remain at all. So I'm living in neutropenic city for a few days. My haemoglobin had not dropped any further though so that is encouraging.

Tomorrow Dave has a voice-over job and is taking the girls to his sister's who will then take them for a day at the beach with family. I will be resting at home and I am looking forward to being able to not do much without the youngsters around because they are so demanding when they are here.

I will also be praying for white blood cells, including neutrophils and some haemoglobin to boot. I might also put in a request for no infections and a bit more energy. Not that I want to be greedy but I will hold to Philippians 4:6,7 which tells me "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment