Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tennis and finance

Yesterday Dave went to work again and the girls were at child care so I was home alone again, which was for the best because I was feeling more useless than Thursday. I had a shower and managed to get dressed before lying on the bed and dozing for an hour because I felt shody. After that, around 10am by then, I felt like I was probably up to driving to have my blood test so I very carefully trundled up to the hospital to visit my blood taking friends and have another test.

Once back home safely I pretty much watched the tennis all day whilst filling in my budget spreadsheet with expenditure for the last six months because I haven't kept up at all. Riveting - don't all get jealous. See the fun you too could enjoy with cancer? I can't actually remember what happened once everyone came home. I think just bath, tea, bed etc.

At some point during the day I did get my blood results and my white blood cells were up a bit, but still stupid. 0.11 I think. Haemoglobin was also 85. It's supposed to be something around 115. Bloody dumb. I've had a booster to help make red cells and one for white but they aren't cutting the mustard. I'm a bit dark on my body at the moment, it's not working the way I would like it to. I know - rest, just do what I need to do, look after myself, chemo's nasty - blah, blah. I AM resting. I AM giving it lots of opportunity to recover and mend etc but it's not doing it in the timeframe I would like.

Today I have been a bit better. We all went to the pool for a bit this morning and I just blobbed around in the little kids pool - with my little kids, I should add. After that my mum and dad came round for lunch and to put in the dishwasher, so that is all connected and working now which is very cool. Later in the afternoon Dave took the girls to the park for a little while and I stayed home and did a couple of little jobs and then it was the end of the day routine and now it's night and I will be going to bed soon. Except that Elsie has just woken up and is now bellowing. Maybe I will be up for a while.

I forgot to mention that I had a blood test before going to the pool. Haemoglobin was much the same but my white blood cells were up a bit to 0.51. About time. I won't have a test tomorrow - mostly because there isn't anywhere open but also because I've had them for the past six days and I feel like a day off. I'll go on Monday. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment