Monday, January 18, 2010

Round 3 Day 8

Blood test this morning then into the RAH for vincristine and bleomycin. We dropped the girls at a friend's place on the way in (thanks!) and weren't too late for my appointment. I had the nurse who had missed the mark a couple of times previously but she got it first go today so that was nice.

My blood results were low - I think she said my neutrophils were around 0.4. She also said my haemoglobin is low (88) and that if it goes down much further I might need to have some blood. That may explain my low energy today. I am quite tired and will be going to bed as soon as this is posted. I'll have my white blood cell booster injection tomorrow and then another blood test in a couple of days. Hopefully things will have improved.

On the way home we called in at a couple of places that sell whitegoods and ended up purchasing a dishwasher. It is sitting in the kitchen ready to be hooked up so that is pretty exciting. Dave is pumped. He thinks it will change his life. I guess he's partly right...

We also picked up the children on the way home and they are definitely life-changing :)

I am a little nervous about the next few days because I don't want to end up at hospital. I think I really should do not much. It's so hard though when there are so many things to do, even if it's just little bits and pieces.

PS The front yard is still there and it is still beautiful. It warms my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment