Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Helpful things during treatment

There are a number of things I have been meaning to note for anyone who may read this looking for things that I found helpful during treatment.

I read a few books about all sorts of things that might be helpful and I ended up choosing a few things to take. I started them once I ended up in hospital during Round 1 and I think they have helped and not just had a placebo effect.

I have been taking CoEnzyme Q10 and Glutamine each day. I can't quite remember what they are for and I can't be bothered getting the bottles. I think the enzyme is supposed to assist with general energy. Glutamine, I think, is good for gastro intestinal mucous lining stuff and I felt it reduced the throat/mouth soreness I had. I have also been taking vitamin C, but just when I feel like it/remember.

I haven't been drinking coffee and have had only the occasional black tea. Mostly because I don't actually feel like drinking them. I have, however, taken up green tea and have about 3 or 4 cups a day. It's nice to drink and is supposed to be full of antioxidants which apparently help clean up free radicals in the body.

I have also been using a mouthwash for dry mouths. I think it's called Biotene. I don't use it everyday, just when my mouth starts feeling yuck. It is soothing and I think it has helped my mouth not to get too sore.

That's about it in the extra bits and pieces. I like to get a few minutes in the sun each day and it is nice to be in the yard or at the park for a while, outside in the fresh air.

Hope that helps someone....

1 comment:

  1. It's weird to think that one day I may be seeking you out for tips and advice...you just never know what the future holds :s

    ReplyDelete