Friday, July 30, 2010

To run or not to run.

My sister got cranky at me for not posting anything for over a week but there isn't much to mention at the moment.

I had a good week energy-wise and got to the gym a few times. I am considering doing the City to Bay run in September but I've only got about 6 weeks to train so I'm not sure how that would go. I might do six kms instead of 12. Or maybe I'll just sit home and do not much. Last year the run was in between first becoming aware of the lump at the bottom of my neck and being diagnosed. It was a bit touch and go whether I'd do that run too. What a crazy year it's been.

Last weekend our nephew stayed over and we all had quite a good time. The girls loved having him around and Maesie has said many times during the week that she was grumpy/sad/upset because she missed him. I think she's using it for a convenient cover-up but it must have meant a fair bit to her regardless. She's also been carrying around a photo of him holding her when she was a baby as some kind of reminder. I should add that she does see this cousin fairly often - it's not like he came from interstate or anything. Crazy kids.

On Saturday I attempted to make brownies. I had three helpers - aged 13, 4 and 2. It was horrid. Everyone wanted to lick everything and help add eggs and mix and lick everything and taste it. Eventually I got it all into the pans and into the oven and had three satisfied helpers with large chocolate smiles. On Saturday night I went to a fundraising event for the Leukaemia Foundation. It was held by the daughter of one of the guys I mentioned some time ago - the guy I spoke to once in the Day Centre and then shared the car with and we had to take him back to the hospital. She (the daughter) is a good friend of one of my friends. It was a stamping/cardmaking/scrapbooking mini event with a few raffles and things. It was a good night and all up I think she raised about $900 for the Foundation.

Sunday was a good day. After church Maesie went to play at another family's house with their two girls and their son came home with us to play computer games with our nephew. Around 4pm Maesie, her two friends and their mum (my friend, but not the one from Saturday) came to our place. They stayed for tea and the nine of us had a good evening, although it was slightly crazy.

Back to work/school/pre-school/day care on Monday. Work again for me on Tuesday. Wednesday I did City to Bay training at the gym and then a few bits and pieces at home. Thursday I did rpm and then child-rearing duties. Today my legs are sore and it is hard to kneel down or squat or sit and there's a fair bit of kneeling and squatting to be done with the youngsters. It's been a fairly good day - we ventured out for a few things and had the normal share of trials with refusal to sit in carseats, requirements for teddy, pulled hair, spills etc.

The next thing on my medical 'plate' is an appointment with Dr Giri on August 16. It's just a check up I think and I hope nothing else comes of it. I don't really have anything exciting to tell him.

1 comment:

  1. Haha brownies!!! mmmm your brownies are the best!!! but i could imagine how different they would be with three little helpers. ahhh well.
    Btw HAPPY BIRTHDAY dearest Beth!! xox

    ReplyDelete