Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thyroid results and rocks

Ah, I started with the blood test in the last post but never mentioned the results. I went to the doctor today - my GP who sent me off for a biopsy and x-rays all those months ago - to find out the results of the test. As I feared, there does not appear to be a problem with my thyroid. I am just fat from steroids, sitting on my butt too much doing nothing and eating too much. So there will be no pill to help me lose kilos, just hard work burning more energy than I consume. Crapola. I did find it interesting to see that my result was back down to 2.5 which is closer to other tests I've had in the past, rather than the 3.6 it was last time. I guess everything freaks out a bit when it gets bombarded with poison, thyroid included.

I know I have mentioned my grandpa a few times lately but I keep being reminded of him. Not sure why. I have taken to having two cups of tea in the mornings sometimes, something he always used to do. I also thought of him many times while we were in the Grampians. He was a geologist and would always tell my sister and I about rocks when we went walking. Now I am telling Maesie about rocks when we go walking. What a boring geeky nanna I am. The mountains and rock formations of the Grampians really are impressive though and I could just imagine talking to Grandpa about them and how excited he would have been. The rocks also remind me about how beautiful and awesome (in the true sense of the word, not the everyday teenage use of the word) nature is and thus how much more so is the Creator of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment