Thursday, June 3, 2010

A summary of happenings

I haven't posted anything for a while so apologies to anyone checking for updates.

Time keeps ticking past and I can't keep up. We had my sister's eldest child here for a couple of nights last week so that she had one less to deal with. It all went quite well and Maesie was upset on Sunday because she missed her cousin.

I had a blood test last Friday and that showed that things are returning to normal. My haemoglobin is on the way up - 96 (it's good to be over 100 but over 115 is normal). How exciting.

I did Dave's Body Combat class on Saturday. It was the first time in about 6 months that I'd done Combat. I kept up with the class fairly well but on Sunday I was quite sore as muscles that have not done much for a while had been called into action.

This week I did RPM on Tuesday and then spent some time on the treadmill yesterday. I have been working pretty hard at regaining fitness and trying to lose some weight. It's not really working. I have pretty much increased my activity about four-fold and have been consuming less food however, I have gained a kilogram. I know a kilo isn't that much but to gain it when I should be losing is odd. I looked up some forums on the internet (the source of all reliable knowledge) and found some information that was both encouraging and disheartening. Many people who take prednisone (the steroid I was on) gain weight and find it difficult to get rid of the excess weight once they finish taking the drug. Good to know I am not alone. Crap to know that it's going to be hard work. I know I shouldn't worry about it, I know I should give myself a chance, I know I should just be happy to be healthy and feeling better etc etc. But it still sucks.

We spent some time at the MacGillivray village on Tuesday for Dave's sister's birthday. It was crazy, but could have been worse. She's due to have a baby any day, which will ramp up the chaos. I can't wait. (Please note: the previous statement is sarcastic. The opposite is in fact the truth - what I can't wait for is a decrease in the chaotic nature of the village. I feel that perhaps the Lord may return before this occurs). There will be another opportunity to enjoy the village this Saturday for the birthday of my tallest brother-in-law. There will be curry so it can be chaotic and just so long as I can eat rice and curry and pappadums and condiments, it will be okay.

I had ladies lunch yesterday which I enjoyed a great deal. Such a lovely monthly occurrence.

Elsie is cutting her incisors and so has been waking during the night and screaming about it. It's been quite frustrating and we are all a bit tired because of it. Hopefully the teeth will come through soon and she, and therefore we, will sleep through the night again.

I did have a dream last night that I had a test to see whether there was active disease in me. It wasn't a PET scan - some lady injected something into me. It was in a strange room, not really a hospital or anything. The result was good though. I think I had the test twice and the result was good both times. But then there were strange people I didn't know and we got on a boat or something. Weirdo dreams. Hopefully it is prophetic rather than just a hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment