Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Two more weeks

I received another call from the PET people. For whatever reason, my scan has been postponed even further. It is now scheduled for Wednesday 23rd June. That's two weeks from today. It's annoying for two reasons: 1. I want the information it will provide and 2. I have to shuffle appointments and other arrangements. For example, I had booked the car to be serviced this Friday, which I then canceled when I found out the scan would be that day. Now I won't have the scan but I won't be getting the car serviced either. Small issues really, but just frustrating.

I've been getting better at the gym so my fitness is improving however my weight doesn't seem to change. Stupid drugs. I do get a tickle in my throat now though when I exert myself aerobically and it makes me cough. I haven't mentioned this to the doctor yet so I will ask next time I go. In the meantime, I will see if ventolin makes any difference.

I haven't been doing many updates because I don't really feel like there's much to say. Things are fairly normalish again for a while. I still struggle to have the girls for a day by myself - they just suck all the energy I ever had. Perhaps this will just be the way it is for the next little while. They require so much in so many different ways and I usually feel that I am on the back foot all the time. This may well be a feeling I should get used to as a parent however I feel that perhaps there is a better way but I just haven't found it yet. I need to read more about it, send them to child care more or just grit my teeth till school when they'll be elsewhere for a large portion of the day.

Dave is going okay. He wants to get the scan done and find out the results too. He's a bit cranky about them stuffing the appointment around. He's done an essay and an exam that were hanging around from his unfinished study last year so it's good to have those out of the way and finished off. He's still not sure about next year which is a bit of a frustration but it will be sorted out eventually.

Elsie is quite clingy when I am around and just wants to be 'up', which I can't do for long because my tired, pathetic arms get sore. She can say quite a few words but isn't too keen on it. She doesn't really string them together yet. She often says a word once in passing and then won't say it again if you ask her to. She is a little cheeky pants and she will be two at the end of this month.

Maesie is four and is testing the boundaries quite a bit. Unfortunately, they aren't always rock solid because I lack the energy required to maintain a fortress. She's quite a good girl really but there's just a number of small things we try to keep on top of in an attempt to assist her in becoming a well-mannered, well-adjusted individual - and that just tuckers me out. She enjoys preschool and is looking forward to going to 'big school' after Christmas. She often thanks God during mealtime prayers for my hair that is growing back or that I don't have to have medicine anymore, as well as for the delicious food she then refuses to eat because she doesn't like it. Weirdo. Kids, who'd have them?

1 comment:

  1. Lol at Maisie! That's classic! Always here for playdates if you needed *hugs* You can craft and I'll tend to the moochies :D So annoying about the appointments!!!! Can understand your frustration and fair enough too! Thinking of you all *hugs*

    Ju xo

    ReplyDelete