Monday, June 7, 2010

PET's in pieces

I was supposed to be having a PET scan tomorrow to find out whether any active disease remains. However, I received a phone call today from the RAH to say that the machine was in pieces because it hadn't been working and that it wouldn't be in action tomorrow.

My scan will now be on Friday at around 9 am. I am not sure yet when I will see the doctor for the results because that was supposed to be Friday at 1.15 but there is no guarantee that the PET results will be available by then. As much as I like Dr Giri, I don't really want to hang around just for a chat if he's not going to have my results so I may be shifting my appointment with him to later in the day on Friday or to another day next week. It's all a bit annoying. I was gearing up for my stinky test tomorrow and now I have to simmer down and then prepare for Friday instead.

That's about it for now. I'm feeling fairly good but still tired. That could be because I am a parent of two small children and/or because I go to bed too late and have nothing to do with the last few months. It's hard to tell. I am not as totally useless tired as I was though, so that is pretty good.

Life is returning to normal bit by bit as I've got meetings and I am getting back to things. Next week I will go into work on Wednesday to settle back in and then the following weeks I'll be working Mondays and Tuesdays. I am looking forward to getting back to the work and the people.

1 comment:

  1. Argh! I hate when things change like that. Sucks that you've had to wait.

    Why not shop at Kikki to cheer your soul...? They are having a sale. And I know how you love stationary.

    (And no, I'm not getting a cut.)

    Kate Bom

    ReplyDelete