Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Fatigue, kitchen chaos and American football

I am getting frustrated with the current state of things. I can function fairly well for most of the day but around about 7 or 8 pm, I run out of steam and just can't function any more. It is a real effort to haul myself off the couch and do anything. It is tricky because I would like to keep powering on but I just can't.

It is highly likely that I am pushing myself too much and trying to do too much but I'm not keen on taking it easy. The latest example of me over-doing things occurred on Saturday. I drove to Burra early in the morning to help a friend cook for a camp. I hadn't cooked with her before but had seen her in action a few times and tasted her delectable foodstuffs. I had a great day catching up with a few friends who were on the camp, having laughs and cooking with my friend in the kitchen and driving by myself with loud music and no kids for about 3 hours. It was an ace day but I think I am still recovering, even though that was three days ago!

Apart from that I don't know that I've been up to much. Dave's sister had her baby last Friday - a boy they called Patrick Andrew. They are all okay. Her elder son is at our place tonight and is trying to get an essay done. He is in year 8 and it is a bit of a team effort. It is about two movies so we watched one of them this afternoon. Maesie enjoyed it even though it was about American football. That girl loves movies - Dave is so proud. We are looking forward to family movie times in the future once she moves past Barbie 'Island Princess'.

Tomorrow I'm heading in to work to get organised for the following week when I'm starting back for a couple of days a week. I am looking forward to it but am also a bit unsure about whether I'll remember all the bits and pieces I need to and whether I'll be able to last all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment