Monday, October 4, 2010

Camping and a conference

I know it's been a long time since my previous post which is a bit shody, especially since it contained such significant news. The last 11 days have been crazy though - I've only really been home for three of those days. I will give a run down of the last little while...

On Friday after the hospital the four of us drove to my parent's place to pick up their trailer which we then took down to a friend's place near the city to pick up an outdoor setting. We had a little catch up and then wiggled the furniture through the house and out to the trailer. Dave played tetris with the chairs in the car and on the trailer, with only a small length of rope. We left there at about 2:00 and went to Dave's parents for 'lunch'. Once we got home, Dave headed out again to collect a camper trailer from a friend and the day was pretty much done - dinner, storytime, kids to bed - and we'd achieved only two small tasks.

Saturday morning was RPM for me and Combat for Dave at Starplex, then home to pack for a camping trip. We left home way later than we planned and eventually got to Mount Crawford to join Dave's sisters and their families for a few days camping. The day was however saddened for me as we arrived home from the gym to a message on our answering machine and when I followed it up we found out that the very new child of some friends of ours had died. I haven't spoken to them again yet or learned any of the details but it was a bit of a shake up and gave me quite a heavy heart. I was very struck by the contrast of my good health news to the loss of such a small person and the pain of that for the family and how the world keeps turning in both cases as if nothing has happened but such experiences alter people forever.

We came home from camping on Tuesday, unpacked, spent Wednesday and Thursday at home washing and getting ready to leave again. On Friday we packed more bags, dropped the girls with grandparents and Dave and I went down to Victor Harbor to help at a ministry conference. I was cooking, with a whole heap of helpers, and Dave was MC of a few of the sessions as well as being in the kitchen.

Today we packed up, drove home, took our children back and started unpacking. That gets me to about now. I do have more to add but I'm going to bed as soon as possible so I will have to write more in the days to come.

1 comment:

  1. Camping is new on our agenda - well for our little tribe anyways as the hubby grew up camping *what a relief!* Here's hoping we get better at it, hehe.

    It is odd the contrast that life gives - we had some horrible news as well regarding a little person recently :( so hard to deal with the seemingly black and white contrasts that come all at once.

    Soooo happy that your health is coming back! *hugs* That's a very fab thing to smile about!

    Ju *hugs*

    ReplyDelete