Thursday, October 7, 2010

Part of a redneck agenda

I had my biopsy operation a couple of weeks ago, on the Wednesday. The following Thursday (that's last week now) I went in to see the surgeon so that he could check out my wound and follow up the procedure. It was nice to meet him - awake and fully clothed. He had a look at my neck and said it all looked good and repeated that he didn't see anything nasty down in my chest. After that appointment I drove to Gaganis Bros and had a great time buying all sorts of supplies for a conference I was about to cook on. Such a great place. I will definitely be going there again. I digress.

On Friday Dave and I dropped the girls with grandparents and drove to Victor for the conference. The cut on my neck was a bit red, but not too crazy and it wasn't sore enough for Panadol. On Saturday though, it was a bit more red and swollen and hot. I asked one of the guys who was a doctor at the conference what he thought and he said it didn't look too bad, just keep an eye on it and keep it clean. So I did and on Sunday I thought it was still red and swollen and hot so I asked a different doctor at the conference what he thought. He also didn't think it was too bad, but to keep an eye on it. On Sunday evening Dave and another one of the kitchen folk thought that it was starting too look worse, so they called in the doctor again. He agreed that it looked a bit worse and suggested a trip to the Victor hospital may be wise. We thanked him with a piece of florentine slice and then Dave and I went to the hospital. It was thankfully quiet. We were in and out with a day's worth of antibiotics and a prescription for a full course in about an hour. Bulk billed. Not too bad for a Sunday night of a long weekend. We were sorry that we had not taken more florentine slice for the doctor at the hospital. We returned to the conference in time for supper.

On Monday night when we got home it was still quite swollen and big and red. One end kind of opened a little and started oozing goo, so I armed myself with tissues and gently massaged and pressed my neck around the wound to assist in the draining of disgustingness from my neck. A bit of fun but a fair bit of gross. I had another crack at it on Tuesday morning and got a bit more out. Today it's not being very interesting. It's gone down and isn't very swollen. It's not oozing and it's not angry red anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment