Sunday, August 22, 2010

A haircut and other activities

I've had a busy week. Wednesday Maesie wasn't feeling well so she didn't go to pre-school. I went to the dentist and there weren't any problems, which is good to know. I was able to get the car fixed, retaining my arms and legs, after it had started beeping "Service Vehicle soon" at us. While it was being fixed, I went to the hairdressers to see if they had time to tidy up my hair. There was one available and so she tidied up my newly acquired hair. My first haircut since it all fell out. Significant I suppose. She even put 'product' in it. Later in the afternoon I went to the gym to have my program and measurements reassessed. Nothing has changed. I remain the same size as I was before (as Dr Giri also pointed out), despite the running, riding and training I've been doing. Annoying. After that it was home for geography on 'Nephew Wednesday'.

Thursday I can't quite remember. I did RPM in the morning. It was hard work to get through the class. Bought a washing machine and had it delivered in the afternoon. Was grumpy most of the day. Very excited to have a new washing machine. Went to a board meeting which was pretty good.

I was still grumpy on Friday. Hard work with the girls in the morning. Dropped them off with their surrogate grandparents and headed into the city for a conference for work. The conference was good but I struggled a bit to stay awake. Nothing to do with the content and everything to do with me doing too much this week and staying up too late. There was a dinner at the end of the day and that was very delicious.

Third day running of grumpy on Saturday. I did body balance. Voted. Took the girls to meet my sister and her kids at a play cafe. It was nuts. Struggled home. Fed and cleaned the youngsters. Put them to bed. Watched a movie. Ate Chinese takeaway.

Today has been a much better day all round. I haven't been grumpy. The girls weren't psychos. I've done a few things and am a bit ready to start the week. Hopefully this week won't be as crazy as the last.

Not much of this is lymphoma related. The biggest thing lymphoma-wise for me at the moment is trying to sort out my weight/diet etc. At the gym on Wednesday it was suggested that I should be eating 100 kJ for each kg of body weight. That's a fair bit, especially if I am trying to loose some weight. But maybe it's too early to be trying to do that. Maybe my body is still freaking out and it needs more time and more food to get back to normal. I know that sometimes on diets the body can freak out and think it's going into starving conditions and so change its metabolism so that weight is not lost. Maybe that's sort of what's happening now. But maybe it isn't and if I eat lots perhaps I'll just keep stacking it on, which I would really rather not do. A conundrum. I'm thinking of seeing some hippy naturapath or some such, one who has had experience with other cancer patients, to try and get some more information about why my body is screwed. I need more explanations...

1 comment:

  1. a hair cut how exciting!!! naturopath... i have details for one worth a try?! let me know...

    ReplyDelete