Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sunday, bloody Sunday

I have found that by around 6 or 7 pm on Sunday night I am very pathetic. I sit on the couch and that's it. I feel really cold all the way to my bones, despite wearing trackies, uggboots and three layers under my polar fleece, and feel achy. This may look very similar to man-sick but I think it's still a chemo thing, particularly as I am not a man. It could possibly have something to do with being busy, doing too much and spending time around two small children. I'm sure they are contributing factors. David thought it should be captured for all to see, so here's me on Sunday night.


It's a real pain because that's when I want to be tidying up, getting ready for the week ahead and it just doesn't happen. We start off with the house in a mess and never quite recover....

I need to remember to have a blood test tomorrow because I have a check-up appointment with Dr Giri on Monday. I haven't got much to ask him about but I will mention my eyes because they are dry and itchy, inside and out every now and again. It could be in no way related to lymphoma or chemo and he may not really care and tell me to go and see my GP but nonetheless, I shall tell him.

On a culinary front, Dave and I recently tried cooking and eating fennel. It was interesting, quite tasty and may get another guernsey in our house. I have also cooked caramelised onions a couple of times and they are delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment